Wednesday, 28 April 2010



He is a Gilles Lipovetsky. A French philosopher. He is someone who I really admire. I read one of his books called "La Pantalla Global". It's about the importance of the television and cinema, because they have changed the way we percive and represent the world. He says since the cinema began, the society changed turned around the screen.

When I read that book, my way of seeing the society changed a lot. I mean, EVERYTHING is in the screen, if something isn't in the screen it doesn’t exist. So simple. And the screen can be the television, internet, security cams, cell phones, cinema. We are in the global screen! :o

It is a little paranoid, but it's true. I mean, the importance of understanding that for me was really significant, because I’m studying filmmaking, and my work is with the image and the screen This is a huge responsibility o.o

Anyway, there’s another book called “La era del Vacío”. Ii is about the postmodernism era, characterized by the consumerism, the individualism, and technologies.

I have not read that book yet, but I just want to read it. Some people say that it is so sad, because Lipovetsky says that we all are a piece of individualist shit. I have the book, but I don’t have the time to read it. I hope I can do it in my winter holydays.

4 comments:

  1. I read last year "La pantalla global" and I liked :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yeah, it's a lil' bit paranoid but It's okay. I haven't read him yet, but with this I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the global screen.....It's very interesting!

    ReplyDelete