Wednesday, 21 April 2010

earthquake.

I live on a 8th floor, so I could feel the earthquake too well. I was using the phone when everything started to move. I went out of my bedroom to the living room where all my family were, with their pijamas and scared faces.

When the earthquake was over, we went down by the stairs with the lamp of mi cell phone. In the street all the neighbors was so scared and hysteric. Everybody was telling over and over again how they lived the earthquake. A man turned on the radio of his car and everybody closed up to it.

My family and I spent the night in our car, because we didn't feel secure in the building. But I couldn’t sleep.

I was listening the radio when Bachelet said “there is no maremoto”. The epic fail of the history of this bicentenary. And I was listening the radio when the authorities were confirming casualties: one, five, sixteen, fifty, two hundred…

After of all thing about earthquake: the news, the aftershock, teletón, the change of government, the fallen houses, the volunteers, I can say I’m fortunate. But in that moment, when I couldn’t know about all the people that is close to me, I felt a lot of unsorted.

3 comments:

  1. what did you feel when you was on 8th floor in aftershocks?
    Let's remeber maropoto -.-
    http://marepoto.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...government give us uncertain information about maremoto..Maybe, so much people was saved them lifes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, there was an inefficient reaction from part of the goverment. now Piñera does what he want.

    see you

    ReplyDelete