Thursday, 06 May 2010

http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=8431647616481434317

It’s really hard for me to talk about my favorite movie because I don’t have one. It’s really hard for anyone that study filmmaking I think. There is a lot of really good movies that I love, and there is a lot of bad movies that I love too.

Well, I have to choose. I will talk about Memorias del Subdesarrollo directed by Tomás Gutierrez Alea, a Cuban producer. This film is about a intellectual and middle-class man called Sergio who live in Cuba after the Revolution, in the sixties.

He hates Cuba, he doesn’t feel like a normal Cuban. He knows he is much more intelligent and rich. He think the Cubans are too simples and without conscience.

It is a bit ironical because he hates cuba, but he don’t leave it. He knows he needs to stay there because in other country nobody will recognize hem and respect hem. In Cuba he has prestige and some kind of authority.

The paradox of Sergio is really interesting. He lives with a lot of questions about himself and Cuba. He is part of it, even he abhorrence it.

In the movie, the life of Sergio is mixed with extract of documentary film about Revolution. This generate the critical point of view of the Cuban bourgeoisie and he Revolution and its ideology.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting!! I know lots of people who stay at a place just coz in another place they wouldn't be as important.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete